The Blog for National Community Church's Spiritual Experiments - Ballston
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
How has the Fast been going?
One of the things I was fasting for - has just answered. The GAO ruled in my favor.
How has everyone's fasts been going?
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Hi All, Great news Jim! I am fasting breakfast this morning, all but water. And honestly, I want a cup of good coffee so bad right now I can hardly stand it! :) But, I have two very important phones to make to day, on behalf of my boss. They are highly political and a bit sticky. A perfect time be sober, I guess. So, I am praying and fasting today that the Lord would bring a good resolve for all.
I'm so grateful to God. And grateful to fast today, it reminds me that we don't live on bread alone.. "but every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." Someone said (David?), "Your word of God, I desire more than my daily bread." LOL Good thing it didn't say coffee. Ha-Ha! :)
I read a job commentary that really spoke to me this morning, "...Jobe recognizes that we do not so much need 'answers' to life's problems as we need God himself."
So I've been fasting today, and I've really kind of had a hard time. I have had a harder time than usual keeping my focus on God but, even though I haven't felt especially "close" to Him to today, I am definitely aware of my dependence on Him to make it through the day. I think maybe I put too much of an emphasis on what I feel instead of just resting confidently in the fact that God is with me all the time... whether I feel it or not.
The main reason for my fast is to just have more of God. I am realizing more and more, especially lately, that I need Him more than ever. I'm not satisfied with just a casual relationship with Him, I want more and I know that it's available if I'm willing to go for it.
I hope everyone is having a fantastic week! I'm looking forward to seeing all of you on Monday. You guys rock!
I am fasting soda this weekend (Friday-Sunday). The 44 ouncer that you see on Monday is a drop in the ocean compared to what I ingest in a day so things are interesting. I just have to try and think of God and good thoughts when I see a soda instead of mentally cussing the person drinking it.
4 comments:
Hi All,
Great news Jim! I am fasting breakfast this morning, all but water. And honestly, I want a cup of good coffee so bad right now I can hardly stand it! :) But, I have two very important phones to make to day, on behalf of my boss. They are highly political and a bit sticky. A perfect time be sober, I guess. So, I am praying and fasting today that the Lord would bring a good resolve for all.
I'm so grateful to God. And grateful to fast today, it reminds me that we don't live on bread alone.. "but every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." Someone said (David?), "Your word of God, I desire more than my daily bread." LOL Good thing it didn't say coffee. Ha-Ha! :)
I read a job commentary that really spoke to me this morning, "...Jobe recognizes that we do not so much need 'answers' to life's problems as we need God himself."
Blessings everyone... Bob Powers
P.S. I hope to send an update later.
I am fasting lunch today, I plan on spending the time in prayer. Luckily, working from home, I am allowed this quiet time.
Paige
Hey everyone!
So I've been fasting today, and I've really kind of had a hard time. I have had a harder time than usual keeping my focus on God but, even though I haven't felt especially "close" to Him to today, I am definitely aware of my dependence on Him to make it through the day. I think maybe I put too much of an emphasis on what I feel instead of just resting confidently in the fact that God is with me all the time... whether I feel it or not.
The main reason for my fast is to just have more of God. I am realizing more and more, especially lately, that I need Him more than ever. I'm not satisfied with just a casual relationship with Him, I want more and I know that it's available if I'm willing to go for it.
I hope everyone is having a fantastic week! I'm looking forward to seeing all of you on Monday. You guys rock!
Eddie Duke
I am fasting soda this weekend (Friday-Sunday). The 44 ouncer that you see on Monday is a drop in the ocean compared to what I ingest in a day so things are interesting. I just have to try and think of God and good thoughts when I see a soda instead of mentally cussing the person drinking it.
Post a Comment